Close Menu
Car Candy Crush – Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth for Cars

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Fast and Luxurious Weekend Escape Pod

    May 22, 2026

    40% of Pickup Buyers Won’t Consider a Brand Without One, Stellantis CEO Says

    May 22, 2026

    The end of bings and bongs? Euro NCAP overhauls ADAS testing

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Fast and Luxurious Weekend Escape Pod
    • 40% of Pickup Buyers Won’t Consider a Brand Without One, Stellantis CEO Says
    • The end of bings and bongs? Euro NCAP overhauls ADAS testing
    • The Final Flat-Six SUV Sold In The USA Is A Bargain In 2026
    • How heavy traffic could hinder the autonomous cars of tomorrow
    • Why Canadians are scaling back road trips
    • Dodge Copperhead to Return as a Wild New SRT Flagship Packed With Viper-Like Attitude : Automotive Addicts
    • BYD to hold smart tech strategy event on May 28 amid ADAS push
    Car Candy Crush – Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth for Cars
    Friday, May 22
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Car Reviews
    • Auto News
    • Maintenance
    • Electric Vehicles
    • Car Tech
    • Classic Cars
    • Buying Guide
    • More
      • Parts & Upgrades
    Car Candy Crush – Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth for Cars
    Home»Electric Vehicles»Li Auto CEO slams unfair competition tactics, pointing finger at Nissan
    Electric Vehicles

    Li Auto CEO slams unfair competition tactics, pointing finger at Nissan

    kirklandc008@gmail.comBy kirklandc008@gmail.comApril 12, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Li Auto CEO slams unfair competition tactics, pointing finger at Nissan
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    • Li Auto CEO accused a “Japanese brand” of launching organized online attacks to damage the market reputation of its core products.
    • The rare public dispute highlights escalating tensions in China’s auto market following the launch of Nissan’s NX8 SUV.

    (File photo shows a Li L6. Image credit: CnEVPost)

    Li Auto founder, chairman, and CEO Li Xiang publicly complained that his company has been severely hit by unfair competition tactics, strongly hinting at Japanese automaker Nissan Motor’s joint venture in China.

    In two posts on his personal WeChat status on Saturday, Li accused a “Japanese brand” of hiring an army of internet trolls to maliciously smear Li Auto’s products.

    He claimed the rival used a massive number of social media accounts to fabricate false information and flood the comment sections of Li Auto’s products, disrupting the company’s normal operations.

    Although Li did not name the competitor directly, widely reported screenshots of his WeChat posts clearly pointed the finger at Dongfeng Nissan.

    Just two days earlier on April 9, Dongfeng Nissan launched its all-new NX8 sport utility vehicle (SUV), its first model offering extended-range electric vehicle (EREV) options, to double down on the Chinese market.

    With an official starting price of 149,900 yuan ($21,950), the new model secured a massive number of orders within half an hour of its launch, driven by an aggressive pricing strategy.

    During the NX8 launch event, Dongfeng Nissan executive Xin Yu repeatedly made direct and in-depth comparisons in his public speech between the company’s new technology and Li Auto, widely regarded as the EREV pioneer in the Chinese market.

    Leaked internal training materials and public relations briefings reported by local media further revealed that Dongfeng Nissan explicitly targeted Li Auto’s Li L6 EREV SUV and Li i6 pure electric SUV as its core benchmark competitors.

    The Li L6 is Li Auto’s most affordable EREV model, while the Li i6 is its lowest-priced battery electric vehicle (BEV), both starting at 249,800 yuan.

    In response to the sudden surge of disparaging content on social media platforms, Li Auto’s legal department announced on Weibo on Saturday that it had completed all preliminary evidence collection.

    The company said it will report the case to public security authorities and file lawsuits to hold the masterminds and perpetrators legally accountable.

    Wang Qian, general manager of Dongfeng Nissan’s new energy vehicle (NEV) brand, subsequently issued an official response to the allegations in an attempt to quell the escalating industry uproar.

    In his response posted on Weibo, Wang said Dongfeng Nissan has always strictly adhered to industry rules and advocated healthy competition, adding that the company respects every peer, including Li Auto.

    This fierce public relations clash unfolds against the backdrop of a special campaign launched by Chinese regulators since 2025 to crack down on excessive competition in the auto sector.

    As China’s NEV market shifts from incremental expansion to a zero-sum game, cutthroat competition among automakers has led to a sharp decline in overall industry profit margins.

    The overall profit margin of China’s auto industry fell to just 4.1% in 2025, hitting its lowest level since 2015, according to data from the China Passenger Car Association (CPCA).

    Li Auto produced 20,000 Li i6s in just 21 days, meaning the electric SUV’s deliveries are poised to hit a new high this month.

    ($1 = 6.8280 yuan)

    auto CEO competition finger Nissan pointing slams tactics Unfair
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    kirklandc008@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    40% of Pickup Buyers Won’t Consider a Brand Without One, Stellantis CEO Says

    May 22, 2026

    BYD to hold smart tech strategy event on May 28 amid ADAS push

    May 22, 2026

    Wheel-E Podcast: Lectric XPress2 launch, Amazon cargo quads, more

    May 22, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Our Picks
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Auto News

    Fast and Luxurious Weekend Escape Pod

    By kirklandc008@gmail.comMay 22, 20260

    The biggest car news and reviews, no BS Our free daily newsletter sends the stories…

    40% of Pickup Buyers Won’t Consider a Brand Without One, Stellantis CEO Says

    May 22, 2026

    The end of bings and bongs? Euro NCAP overhauls ADAS testing

    May 22, 2026

    The Final Flat-Six SUV Sold In The USA Is A Bargain In 2026

    May 22, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    About Us

    Welcome to Car Candy Crush, where passion for cars meets creativity and style!
    We’re here to celebrate the beauty, power, and excitement of the automotive world — from classic rides to the latest high-tech supercars that make your heart race.

    Latest Post

    Fast and Luxurious Weekend Escape Pod

    May 22, 2026

    40% of Pickup Buyers Won’t Consider a Brand Without One, Stellantis CEO Says

    May 22, 2026

    The end of bings and bongs? Euro NCAP overhauls ADAS testing

    May 22, 2026
    Recent Posts
    • Fast and Luxurious Weekend Escape Pod
    • 40% of Pickup Buyers Won’t Consider a Brand Without One, Stellantis CEO Says
    • The end of bings and bongs? Euro NCAP overhauls ADAS testing
    • The Final Flat-Six SUV Sold In The USA Is A Bargain In 2026
    • How heavy traffic could hinder the autonomous cars of tomorrow
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    © 2026 CarCandyCrush. Designed by By Pro.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.